22 – 24 November, Centre Culturel St Thomas
God calls each of us to service and to a variety of ministries – in the church, in our workplace, in our home communities and beyond. God calls us each in different ways and at different times in our lives. How is God calling me? is the topic of a Vocational Discernment Weekend to take place the 22th to the 24th November at the Centre Culturel St Thomas in Strasbourg. This event is sponsored by the Episcopal /Anglican churches in Europe and takes place annually in different locations in Europe. Indicate your interest in attending this event by speaking to Fr Mark.
The Five Marks of Mission, as understood by the Anglican Communion:
The mission of the Church is the mission of Christ:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptise and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and pursue peace and reconciliation
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation, and sustain and renew the life of the earth
Les Cinq Marques de la Mission, telles que les entend la Communion anglicane
La mission de l’Église est celle du Christ :
- Proclamer la Bonne Nouvelle du Royaume de Dieu
- Instruire, baptiser et encourager les nouveaux croyants
- Répondre par amour aux besoins humains
- S’efforcer de transformer toutes structures injustes de la société, confronter toutes violences et rechercher la paix et la réconciliation
- Œuvrer pour la sauvegarde de l’intégrité de la création et soutenir et renouveler la vie de la terre.